How to Get Apricot Benefits
Apricot benefits include much more than just vitamin nutrition in them. This ancient fruit has a reputation for having many positive effects on health, and in some parts of the world, they are believed to increase longevity. Dried apricots have the same nutritional content as fresh. Be sure you purchase dried fruit free of sulfur dioxide, used to keep them bright orange. The loss of color from natural drying does not affect the nutrients and the sulfites can cause health problems for some.
Nutritional Benefits of Apricots
Nutritional Content – Apricots contain such little fat and sodium they equal 0% of your RDA. One cup fresh has zero cholesterol, and only 79 calories. it Contain more fiber but low in carbohydrates. They are exceptionally high in potassium and vitamins A and vitamin C. They also contain significant amounts of iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, beta-carotene, E, and B-6.
Not only fresh fruits are containing these Nutritional value But also dried apricots nutrition is much better.
Health Benefits Of Apricots
● This fruits have been found to help people with asthma.
● The high potassium content helps you keep your blood pressure down.
● Minerals in apricots contribute to balanced electrolytes, essential for fluid balance in the body, nerve signal transmission, muscle contraction, and heart function.
● Rich in dietary fiber which aids digestion and prevents constipation, and coupled with their low-calorie count, supports healthy weight maintenance. Eating just a few dried apricots can helps to avoiding constipation because of the high fiber content in this fruits.
● Apricots lower the risk of heart disease because they are rich in vitamin C. Studies now show that C lessens the rate of heart problems. They also have been shown to lower LDL cholesterol.
● They provide nutrients that improve eyesight – A, C, E, and carotenoids. They also reduce your risk of macular degeneration with zea-xanthin, which is absorbed into the retinal macula and helps prevent macular degeneration, a cause of blindness that attacks when we age. Because macular degeneration is so devastating, apricot benefits for eyesight are worth taking very seriously..
● Anemia prevention – Many Americans are chronically deficient in iron. Apricots have enough iron content that regular consumption can have a real impact on iron levels. Both iron and copper are important elements in the formation of hemoglobin for oxygen transport.
● They are high in anti-oxidants which scavenge your body for free radicals, very destructive molecules that damage cellular activity by causing normal processes to short circuit. Free radicals come from cigarettes, pollution, chemicals, and stress, among other things, and contribute to cancer, aging and disease.
● Hunza Longevity – The Hunza people, indigenous to Northern Pakistan, live exceptionally long lives. Much study has been done on why so many of these people live past 100 years and retain perfect eyesight. The main staple of their diet is the Hunza apricot, local to the region. But it is a true apricot. We can take a lesson from the Hunza and add apricots in abundance to our diet and give our bodies whatever mystery elements may be present that contribute to healthy longevity.
● Apricot benefits for pregnancy
Dried apricot are rich source of folic acid, Cobalt, and magnesium which is a boost of energy to pregnant women. This is a good choice for women during to eat. One research says that dried apricot can fulfill 10-12% of Iron in pregrant women.
It’s easy to take advantage of the super nutrition afforded by apricots because they are so delicious. And they are good year round because dried, they lose none of their amazing apricot benefits. Treat your taste and your body to some of this golden, orange fruit.
Apricot kernel oil Health Benefits
The seed of apricot (Prunus armeniaca) is producing the Oil. Apricots are to comes from Armenia, although some people are believed apricots may have originated in Chine. The fruit is widely cultivated in the Mediterranean and Central Asia.Turkey is famous for the Production of apricot. The seeds of apricot have contained more amount of saturated oil. It is very difficult to extract the oil from seed but this process is continuing to form the ancient time. Prunus armeniaca oil has been Used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for treating tumors and ulcers.at the time 17th century apricot kernel spreads over the England For its medicinal porpouse.
There are two types of apricot kernel oils:
- Cosmetic only – this variety is not using for cooking only use for topical or external application.
- Cooking oil – this variety can be used for the cooking of food
There are the two methords are use for the Production of the oil from the kernels 1.solvent extraction 2. cold pressed method. Cold pressed is better than the Solvent extraction process because Cold pressed method are not use the any kind of chemical to extract so chemical compounds in the oil not change. Properties of apricot kernel oil possesses many therapeutic properties which make is suitable for its various uses, such as:
This oil helps to prevents the skin from damage by free radicals.so that the skin is glowing.
Anti Septic Property
This oil reduces the risk of infection in open wounds and cuts and it helps to cure the infection as fast as possible.
Apricot seed oil is a good emollient which is gives the skin moisturize.
It provides nutrition and support to the skin so that aging process is gradually decrease.
It reduces inflammation when applied topically or when ingested.
This effect made use for treating clothes and other products to keep bacteria away.
Color of apricot oil is light yellow . It can also be slighter and darker yellow depending on the variety of apricots and the extraction process. Test of the oil is nutty and aroma is slightly nutty as like almonds. It is ideal for making confections like marzipan. Health benefits of apricot kernel oil different according to its use, like personal uses and many home remedies. It is also using in alternative medicine for the treatment of cancer and other diseases.
Benefits for Skin
Some people are also call apricot kernel oil as Apricot oil. As we know above Apricot kernel oil is obtain from the kernel (seed) of apricots..This fruits are two type of use, We enjouing to eat this fruits and use it seed for preparing oil. Apricot kernel oil is good for massaging oil as it is very light and makes the skin soft. Apricot kernels are quite healthy and researched for a number of health conditions including cancer.
Use for Cooking
Due to its flavor of this oil, it is using for preparing desserts and other recipes. Apricot, odorless oil pressed from the seed or kernel of the apricot. Apricot oil is a versatile oil that possesses multiple benefits, depending upon how you choose to use it. If you have a personal or family history of nut allergies, apricot oil provides texture and cooler similar to the comparably priced sweet almond oil without its propensity for producing allergic reactions.
Apricot kernel oil can use all types of cooking. Oil is Contain more amount of monounsaturated fat, food-grade Prunus armeniaca oil may help lower LDL or bad cholesterol and promote cardiovascular health, especially when used in recipes in place of shortening, butter and other sources of saturated fat. Apricot oil is one of the oils that has a lipid content similar to our skin. When the skin’s lipid content becomes too low, dry and irritated skin results, topical application of Prunus armeniaca oil helps soothe and hel this rough, damaged skin.
This oil well penetrates to the skin due to its fine texture.Oil medicinal property helps to heal and nourishment of cracked or sore skin. Gives the elasticity to the skin. Prunus armeniaca oil is also beneficial in relieving the itch and irritation of eczema-ridden skin. As an added benefit, apricot oil helps prevent and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Apricot oil provides a prime option for using a carrier oil in aromatherapy. When using Prunus armeniaca oil topically, you can blend it with multiple different essential oils, including lavender, chamomile, rose, lilac, jasmine, and others to create a pleasing mild massage oil. Additional recommendation, 25 drops of essential oil of apricot oil to use in massages for adults.
How to Cultivate apricots easily?
Many methods to grow apricot effectively, here the steps:
- Every plant are needs some climate for better grow and gives healthy fruits so the farmer must be take care before growing of every plant. Apricots all so need cooler climate and it also grown in sub-tropical climates. It should be suited to our local climate. it doesn’t get too warm during the winter because this causes early fruiting.
- A farmer must be decide to buy a healthy tree to grow better in the Climatic condition. These plants are growing from the seed but it takes more time to germinate.
- This plants are very sensitive it can’t survive in summer when the temperature is so high. This tree needs some care at the time especially bad weather like frost and wind. So choose some better place to grow this tree which is helps to protect the plants to Insect.
- Soil is one of Imporance factor to grow the plants and gives more production. For the apricots tree soil must be slightly alkaline PH is 6-8. And soli must be loamy, well drain. Use some natural compost for better growing of tree.
- Always try to Planting the apricot tree in winter or early spring. The only exception to this is a mild climate when autumn planting is acceptable. Water well once planted and add a light layer of Compost around the tree.
- All the plants need water for better growing and nutrition. Give the water weekly Apricots tree for better growing. But remember drainage of water is Importance because Apricots can suffer from root rot, so don’t over-water them.
- Fertilizer is giving plant some extra energy that the resion to growing of the plants and producing healthy flower and fruits. Winter seasion is the best time to give some Fertilizer and once again when plants are prodcing fruits.
- Many people want to Know. How long does an apricot tree take to grow ? This plants are giveing fruits after 3-4 year old. But always take care of the plants to Insects and Enverimental condition. apricot blossom are very sensitive to snowfall so Protect apricot blossom to get more fruits.
- Always try to thin the fruits when fruits are mature Some time affect fruits are also find try to remove from the tree to give the chance better growing of other fruits.
- There are many types of varieties are present for the Harvest of apricots. At the time midsummer through to early autumn Production of fruits are slightly soft. Be gently with picking and not to break the skin of the fruit.
- The apricot tree has its best quality and most abundant cropping on short spurs on two to three year old wood. Therefore, don’t prune extensively or we will get a poor crop. For the first few years, only prune very lightly, if at all. Cut older shoots out every four to years to make way for new shoots. Keep this trying for better fruits.
How to eat apricot?
These fruits are other wise knows as Stone fruits because of it contain large size of a seed. After ripening of this fruits looks yellow color and good flavour. Ripen fruits are very delicious to eat. You can use these fruits for cooking also. Baked apricot chicken recipes one of most famous dish prepared by these fruits.
How many dried apricots in a serving?
It is vary to age group and gender and requirement of fiber to health. Normally people are eat 4-5 fruits at a time. There are no side effects.
can dogs eat apricots?
Yes, Dog eat this fruits safely but not given more to your dog. And also take care dog should not eat whole fruit at a single time. Because of seed containg less amount of cyanidine which is very harmful to dog.